Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting back into the groove..

After two weeks of sleeping in (mean past 4:30am), this past week was a bit of a struggle as my body was revolting against me. I remember back when (look out old guy rambling!) I could get up a 4:30a after going to bed three hours earlier and suffering no ill effects - not so much so more.

Even going to bed at a semi-decent time of no later than 10:30 was tough this week. I promise this will be the last I talk about it. Getting back into the 'school groove' was a slow process but I feel that my body has caught up and it's time to rock!

One of the great things that happened is that I'm now a member of the Western Culinary Institute Culinary Competition Team. I'm a second alternate, which is fine by me I'm the least experienced member - hence the alternate but I've still got a lot of input to what's going on and I do have to learn everyone's job so that in case of an emergency I'm ready to rock and roll. I'll also be the team photographer at events and what not - I think that will help a lot when it comes to photographing food. Not to mention I'll be working on the display menu that has to be done. To say I'm excited to be a part of this venture is an understatement.

I also joined the Charcuterie Club as well and can't wait for our next meeting, I missed the first one because it fell on the same day that out Competition club met for the first time, and the meeting last almost 2 hours. And I've got a sauce club meeting next weekend as well.

A part of me is wondering if I'm going to end up spreading myself too thin, but I want to be as active as I can be at school. One thing I learned in 12 years in radio, is to learn and absorb as many things as possible - the more you know the more you can step in and do anything that's needed. I was at my strongest in radio (to use a baseball term) "Utility Man". I feel that I thrive in that kind of environment so this is really up my alley.

I've got some pictures to post, but that will come later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment