Monday, December 22, 2008

Remy update..

The remy is now venting and should be ready for the refrigerator and freezer by the time I go to bed. Two day process that netted 2+ gallons of Stock/Remy, and shouldn't have to by store stock for a while. If you can make your own stock I highly recommend it, because you can control what's in it.

Here's what was in my beef stock.
  1. Mire Poix
  2. Beef Bones
  3. Tomato puree (it was brushed on the bones during roasting)
  4. Sachet (w/ bay leaf, parsley stems, and pepper corns)
That's it. The main stock simmered for 24 hours, the remy only went 4 hours. I'll have pictures tomorrow once I pull them off the camera and what not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

TD,

A picture is worth a thousand words - but a video is worth a million more. If you have a chance, I'd love to see you cook up some of culinary creations like Emilio.

Best wishes for Holidays,
Marc (http://MajorLeagueBusiness.Com)

TD said...

Thanks Mark! I've posted some pictures from the stock making adventure and might have to do some video from my camera, never used that feature but willing to give it a go.

Hope you're enjoying the content!

TD

Post a Comment